Since 1 January 2014, Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) provides eligible children with up to $1,000 in benefits for basic dental services, capped over two consecutive calendar years.
A child is eligible for the $1,000 benefit if they are:
- Aged 2–17 years old
- Eligible for Medicare, and
- Part of a family receiving Family Tax Benefit Part A OR one of a number of other Australian Government payments.
- You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by accessing your Medicare online account at myGov or calling the Medicare general enquiries line on 132 011.
What is covered:
- Check-ups, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions.
- Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work.
How to claim:
- Simply book an appointment with us and let us know you’re eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Schedule
- After you appointment we will bulk bill which means there is no out of pocket expenses or up front fees!
By bringing your children to the dentist regularly, conditions such as missing teeth, extra teeth, decays, dental abscess, malaligned teeth, jaw discrepancy, and airway problems can be picked up promptly and treated early. Give us a call today to book your child’s appointment.